In the business of Electrical & Electronics gadgets, items/stock is often classified based on the Serial Number of the Item. This Serial Number is a unique way of identifying an item and is assigned to each individual item in order to distinguish that item from other items.
Serial Number is assigned during the manufacturing of the item and is usually assigned in a sequence of each item or item family. This is also used to avoid duplication of items. Item Serial Number is more beneficial when the item has a Warranty attached. It will help to have accurate and complete data available to support the customer.
Benefits of having Item with Serial Number
- Easy to manage the stock with serial number
- Easy to track the goods movement history or fault in manufacturing
- Easy to track the warranty and AMC details for after-sales service
- Easy to identify / recognize the damage / repair pieces in huge stock
Serial Number Wise Item Stock Management in Saral Billing and Accounts:
In SARAL, we have option to maintain the Serial Number of the item with 15 extra fields to manage the necessary information of the item.
For E.g.: items like Mobile can be maintained along with details like IMEI number, and additionally its Battery Number, Brand Name, Network Type, Screen Size and others.
During item creation, you will be creating a single item with details of Serial Number (unique for each item in stock) and other details applicable for each item in the stock.
You can also have Serial Number wise Barcode for each item and the same can be scanned during outward transaction.
Items can be viewed based on the Serial Number and be used to filter and view only the required item. Option is also provided to view Serial Number based Inward, Outward and Closing stock history report generation.
Serial Number wise Item Configuration, Utilization and Reports in Saral Billing and Accounts:
- Go to Inventory -> Inventory Settings -> Item -> Enable Serial No. Wise Stock option
- Settings option will be enabled. Click on Settings and create the required number of additional Serial Number details fields. Here, if required, we can also edit Serial No. caption. Apply the settings and exit
- Next, go to Master -> Item -> Enter Item details and enable Serial No. option. Click on Serial No Settings and select the required fields along with Serial No. field.
- Save the entries and close
Purchase Invoice/Inward Entry:
- Go to Inventory -> Purchase Invoice -> Select Supplier and enter supplier bill no. and date. Select the item with Serial number from the Item Description list.
- Enter the purchase quantity. Now, you are required to enter Serial Number along with other information for each item. After entering all the details, save the purchase invoice.
- Click on Purchase Invoice button at bottom right of the screen and select Print Barcode option to generate own Barcode for respective item with serial number details. You can also use existing Serial Number Barcode in Outward transactions.
Note: Serial Number is mandatory in Inward (Purchase) Transactions for Serial Number enabled item.
Sales Invoice/Outward Entries:
- Go to Inventory -> Sales Invoice -> Select the Customer ledger and scan the Serial Number Barcode in Serial Number column to select the item and Serial Number details, automatically.
- After entering all the other details, save the invoice.
- Go to Inventory -> Views -> Stock Miscellaneous Reports -> Select Serial Number option.
- Select the items for which stock report is required and continue.
- The view will be generated for each item, serial number wise. The view can also be viewed for Inward, Outward and Closing stock of the item. Right click on the screen will provide option to export the details to Excel and can also be Email as an attachment.