Batch Number for Items/Products
Batch number is a unique identification number for each item to manage a group of items. This number is given by
the manufacturer of the item which can be used for quality control, understand the raw material consumption,
The common information in Batch number of Pharmaceutical and FMCG related products are Production facility
name, Expiry date and Manufacturing date of the item. Similarly, in Electrical & Electronics items, Batch number and Serial number will be used to maintain Warranty details.
Some common examples for Batch Number & Serial Number
- Packaged food products: Batch number is given based on production cycle and expiry date
- Pharmaceutical products: These products have a very strict regulation on raw material traceability. So,
Batch numbers have to be used for all raw materials as well as finished goods
- Mobile phones: IMEI number is mandatory to be tracked during sales. This acts as the Batch number for the
- Automobiles: Each automobile will have a unique engine number and chassis number for serviceability
- Fabrics: Fabric has colour variations based on the dye used. So, a batch number is given to the fabrics which
map the fabric to the dye number used.
Batch Number in Saral Billing and Accounts:
In Saral, option is given to create Batch Number manually or automatically. Auto Batch number creation is based on
various factors like Supplier Bill Number, Vendor Code, Purchase Voucher Number, Purchase Rate, Margin, Purchase Discount, Tax Rate.
Batch Number can also be used to:
- Maintain same items with different MRP
- Maintain same items with different Purchase/Sale Rates
- Items with Expiry Date or Warranty Details
- Manage Supplier Wise Stock
Saral also has option for Auto Batch Number Increment. This comes with a prefix to the Batch number and helps to maintain items which have frequent Purchase and Sales rate changes.
On enabling Batch number, one has to ensure that Batch number is created for all Inward entries for each item and same Batch number will be used during outward transactions.
Benefits of Batch Number in Saral Billing and Accounts:
- Maintain Supplier wise stock for same item
- Maintain different MRP and Rate wise stock for same item
- Maintain different expiry date, manufacture date and warranty details with alerts for same item
- Maintain different Barcode/QR Code for same item
Batch Number Configuration, Utilization and Reports in Saral
- Go to Inventory >> Inventory Settings >> Batch >> click on Enable Batches to create manual Batch number. Also enable Set Expiry Dates and Set Warranty Details, if required.
- For auto Batch creation with Increment, click on Auto Batch Increment. This will create an incremented Batch for every purchase entry of same item. Increment will be given on each Item or Item Group.
- Else, click on Auto Batch Creation and enable required details i.e. Supplier Bill Number, Vendor Code, Purchase Voucher Number, Purchase Rate which can include Retailer/Dealer Margin, Purchase Discount, Tax Rate. These options will help to create auto batch with the selected values and apply the settings.
- Next, go to Master >> Item, enter item details and select Batch option. Enter the stock details and save which will create the item with Batch.
- Go to Inventory >> DC Inward/Purchase Invoice >> select the Supplier and enter supplier bill no. with date. Then select the Batch enabled item, press Enter.
- Batch number will be auto created if Auto Batch Creation or Auto Batch Increment is enabled. Else, press F9 for manual Batch creation.
- Also enter the quantity of purchase and exit. Enter all details and save DC Inward/Purchase Invoice.
- Next, go to Inventory >> DC Outward/Sales Invoice >> select the Customer and the batch enabled Item.
- On enter, select the Batch number from Batch list, quantity and exit. Enter all details and save the DC Outward/Sales Invoice.
- Go to Inventory >> Views >> Stock Information >> Batch Wise Actual Stock Valuation for Batch wise stock report.
- Go to Inventory >> Views >> Stock Information >> Stock List/Stock Ledger to view Stock details.
- Go to Inventory >> Views >> Stock Information >> select Expiring Item Details to view in-between period wise expiring items list
- Go to Inventory >> Views >> Stock Miscellaneous >> select Batch Wise Expiry or Batch Wise Warranty to view Expiring item list and item Warranty list.