Walk-In customers are generally customers who directly rush to store/shop for purchase in cash. These customers may have come due to various reasons like offers, advertisements, daily need, on-going event, and others.
There are two categories of Walk-In customers; regular customers who often visit the store and one time customer who has visited the store for the first time and many not come back again. This behaviour of the customer may depend on the location as well as the business strategy of the store/shop.
In any retail business, it is very important to manage Walk-in customer details like Mobile Number, email id, etc. for business communication which can be in terms of sending promotional SMS/email and improve the customer visit at the store, both online as well as offline.
Some common retail segments for Walk-In Customers Management
The segment of Retail business will require Walk-In Customer management to efficiently manage the customer details;
- Grocery/Provision Stores
- Super Market/Hyper Market
- Mobile Stores
- Textile/Apparel/Garment Shops
- Automobile Stores
- Books & Stationery Shops
- Electronics & Home Appliances Stores
- Hardware & Electricals Stores
- Liquor & Wine Shops
- Pet Stores
- Pharmacy /Medical Shops
- Iron/Steel/Metal/Cement Shops
Walk-In Customer Management in Saral Billing and Accounts
Saral Billing and Accounts, provides a trader friendly Walk-In Customer Management module for cash sales without
creating any customer ledgers. In this type of transaction, by default Cash Ledger is considered for Walk-In customer billing.
In this, we can manage Walk-In customer details like Name, Mobile Number, Date of Birth, Address, Email and GSTN. Also, Loyalty Card details with Points can be managed, Birthday Wishes over SMS can be sent to the customer.
Loyalty Card details can be Auto-generated or manually entered for new Walk-In customers. Walk-In customer details can be filtered based on their Name, Mobile Number, and Card Number.
Benefits of Walk-In Customer Management in Saral Billing and Accounts
- Need not create a customer ledger for each customer but the details will be reflected in all financial statements
- Quick Bill format is made available to generate sales invoice for Walk-In customer billing
- Billing can be done quickly by selecting Walk-In customer Name or Mobile Number or Card number
- Walk-In customer master details can be used for Promotional Activities and Loyalty/Credit Point management
Walk-In Customers Configuration, Utilization and Reports in Saral Billing and Accounts
- Go to Master >> General Settings, click on Enable Walk-In Customer, apply and save the settings
- Go to Inventory >> Quick Bill/Sales Invoice >> select Quick Bill under Bill Format
- Next, go to Customer Name and press F9 key to create a new Walk-In customer. Enter all required details, save and exit
- Once Walk-In customer is created, select the customer by Name or Mobile Number or Card number and generate the invoice
- For invoicing in other than Quick Bill sales format, select customer ledger as Cash A/c and the Walk-In customer list will be displayed for invoice generation
- Go to Accounts >> Account Books >> Sales Day Book; select view as Columnar View to view Sales Register with Walk-In customer column
- Go to Inventory >> Views >> Transaction Register >> Sales Invoice to view Sales Register with Item details and Walk-In customer name column