We purchase various items for our day-to-day activities that may be for personal usage or for business. These items when backed by the manufacturer or seller to stand behind the production of any kind of issue with the product. This is called a Warranty. Similar to warranty, if the manufacturer or seller promises to provide an after-sale service at a reasonable charge then that is called an Annual Maintenance Contract (AMC).
A Warranty is the written or unwritten promise of the manufacturer to the customer on delivery of products to provide product support service and solve any issue for a particular period without any charge. It is not a support contract, but it is a guaranteed repair and replacement of products to ensure the quality of the product.It also refers to the terms and conditions in which repairs or exchanges will be made if the product does not function as originally described or intended for a limited period.
AMC stands for Annual Maintenance Contract which is also known as Annual Maintenance Charges. AMC shall be taken after the expiry of the warranty. An AMC is a service contract connecting the service provider and a customer to provide maintenance and support service for the products regularly under specific terms and conditions. An AMC is more reliable to receive professional tech support for products from the service provider at a nominal charge.
Customer Service Call Management:
Customer support plays a key role in any business segment as business growth depends on customer satisfaction. While providing customer support, one has to be aware of the warranty/AMC registered under the customer which will make a certain type of service free for the customer. This is to ensure that the customer will be charged with the right details.
Hence, the business has to place a proper customer service call management system so that the customers can be attended in time with the right solution and proper charges.
Customer Service Call system will help the business to record the customer issue, when contacted, and arrange for a solution which may be online or onsite, depending on the need of the service. On completion of service, the service status and the given solution to the customer can also be recorded for future reference.
Warranty/AMC and Customer Service Call Module in Saral Accounts
In Saral Accounts, one can generate a Warranty for the item being sold as well as provide with AMC for the item after the expiry of the warranty. Businesses can also record the service call for the customer for the warranty/AMC taken and the solution given for such issues.
Benefits of warranty/AMC and Customer Service Call Module in Saral Accounts:
- Warranty/AMC card generation is automated on Invoice generation.
- AMC renewal planner to follow-up on Warranty/AMC duration and expiry
- Customer ServicecallsRegister with follow-up on Pending or Completed or Under Observation status call. Date wise report is also made available for the register.
- Auto SMS to Customer and Manager/Salesperson on service details entry.
- Free Services Management.
- The existing Warranty/AMC list can be imported from Excel.
Warranty/AMC and Customer Service CallModuleConfiguration, Utilization, and Reports in Saral Accounts:
- Go to Tools and click on Show/Hide. Here, enable AMC(Annual Maintenance Charges)/Warranty.
- Next, go to InventoryàInventory Settingsàand click on AMC/Warranty. Here, enable the required options as per requirement.
- Now, click on the Warranty/AMC menu to view the Warranty/AMC home screen.
Warranty/AMC Home Screen: Single window for quick access of all Warranty/AMC related functions.
Warranty: Captures complete warranty details of each item/product against sales and generates a Warranty card with Period, Free service details, and other Terms and Conditions.
AMC: Captures complete AMC details of each item/product against sales or on warranty expiry. We can also generate an AMC card with Period, Free service details, and other Terms and Conditions.
Register Service Call: Executive can register the customer calls with issues reported against the product under Warranty/AMC. If Warranty/AMC has expired, then the same needs to be renewed to continue the service.
Assign Break-Down: Assign a service engineer with the schedule to attend the pending service calls.
Assign Free Service: Assign a service engineer with the schedule to attend the pending free services offered under Warranty/AMC.
Service Call Entry: Update the Service attended details as per the service engineer. This will include the date of service given, status of service, any charges raised during service, and the next follow-up date if required.
AMC Renewal Planner: This planner will display the Warranty/AMC which are nearing expiry or already expired. One can follow up with the customer to renew the Warranty/AMC and on confirmation from a customer, the new Warranty/AMC id can be generated.
- AMC Register: To know the no. of AMC cards generated.
- Warranty Register: To know no. of warranty cards generated.
- Items Used: To know the item used during service
- Call Status: To know the status of customer calls i.e., Completed, Pending, or Observation.
- Bill Details: To know the bills generated for spare items used during service
- Customer Info: To know the complete history of the customer/supplier