Hi, this post is the continued part (Part 2) of Service Invoicing in Saral which covers the Creation of Transaction formats in Service Invoicing Module.
In the previous part, we have covered basic and master settings.
In part-3, we talk about creating transactions, quotations and invoices.
In this part, we will see the Creation of Transaction formats in Service Invoicing Module of Saral.
Firstly, After creating the list of services, Go to Service Invoicing module and click on Transaction formats
The Service Transaction formats window will appear. Here, select type of transaction with their respective property tabs Options/Tax & Discount/Number Settings/Captions/PostBilling/Advanced Unit/Custom fields/Reports and also update the details as per requirement.
- The different types of Transactions in Service Invoicing are:
- Service Quotation
- Order Issued
- Order Received
- Service Invoice
- Debit Note
- Credit Note
- Format Name is the identification name given in case of multiple formats for the single transaction type.
We will now see the tabs in Transaction format settings, on-by-one.
- Options: In this tab, the required fields can be enabled depending upon the type of the transaction.
- The fields listed in the tab will vary depending upon the transaction type selected.
- Tax/Discount: Here, you can map the required Tax and Discount ledgers to the transaction type. i.e. Tax &Discount can be set to Bill level or Service level of the transactions. You can set Default transaction mode as either in Cash or Credit.
- Number settings: Here, the transaction number format can be set in the required type.
- Captions: Under this tab, You can rename the main field /caption text like you can rename Unit as No. of Days.
- Post Billing: If Post Billing for TDS option is enabled, then this tab will be enabled. Here, the TDS deduction percentage applicable on the transaction can be set along with applicable surcharge and cess percentage.
- Advanced Unit: If the invoice amount has to be derived through a mathematical formula, then enter the formula using the additional units given in this tab. Validate the entered expression is mandatory for the proper working of transaction format.
- It is completely user-defined formula fields.
- Each calculation fields are interlinked.
- Supports addition, subtraction, multiplication and division expressions only.
- Saral Accounts do not provide any sort of predefined formulas.
- Custom Fields: If extra fields are required for information entry at Bill level or Service level, then enable the no. of fields required in this tab. The fields so created can be Numeric or test entry fields. It supports up to 20 no’s custom fields in Service/Bill level.
- Reports: You can use this tab as a setting window for the reports being generated after transaction entry. Enter the details as required and save.
Finally, click on Save to complete the creation of transaction formats.