Hi, in this post we will see the different Voucher Formats in Saral Accounting software.
First, let us understand the vouchers in accounting solutions.
- What is a Voucher?
- What is Voucher formats?
- Benefits of Vouchers in Saral Accounts software.
- Learning the fields of Voucher formats.
What is a Voucher?
Voucher is a written document, which will assist in the organization’s financial transactional activities.
What is Voucher formats?
It is the default template, created by the user as per their requirement, which helps in seem less accounting transactions.
Benefits of Vouchers in Saral Accounts software
- Hassle-free of entries in single voucher format.
- Organized and Time oriented of handling vouchers.
- Ease of voucher entries management.
- User efficient format field settings.
- Supports multiple sub voucher formats under parent voucher format.
- Separate voucher report management facility.
Learning the fields of Voucher Formats
Voucher Formats are defined in the accounts module before the start of recording accounting transactions.
To define, go to voucher Formats under Accounts module.
Voucher formats window, the basic voucher formats are pre-created which can be edited as required.
The voucher format creation is as explained below. Click on New and start creating the new voucher format. Please note that the new voucher format can be created as a sub-format of the Basic format only.
The various details in Voucher details section;
- Voucher name: Name of the voucher type.
- Abbreviation: Set alias/alternative name for the particular voucher type.
- Parent Voucher Type: Main Voucher name under which the voucher is being created.
- Payment Types: This is applicable only if the voucher type is PAYMENT. Set it as Regular/Refund/Payment to URD/GST/TDS/Advance type. (please refer keynote)
- Effective Date: Set the date for the particular voucher from which date it is made available for the transaction.
- Active: To enable/disable a particular voucher for transaction entry.
- Digital Signatures: To map the electronic signature in voucher report details. It is not applicable for Contra/Optional/Journal/Journal Expenses GST voucher types.
In Voucher settings section;
- Starting Number: Set the required number from where the voucher numbering has to start.
- Prefix/Suffix: Set before/after naming conventions for voucher no combinations.
- Width for Prefill: Set the total length for the voucher number.
- Bill Specimen: Preview of the Voucher number is set.
- Common Narration: Default narration for contra voucher entry.
- Auto Numbering: Set auto increment of voucher number.
- Allow Auto Renumbering: Reorder voucher number on delete of voucher.
- Print after Save: Print voucher details when voucher entries are saved.
- Reset Option: To reset the voucher numbers as per selected periodicity.
- Each A/c Narration: Provide default narration for each ledger selected in the transaction.
- Apply Reference: Refer to the previous voucher no details.
- List Finance Charge Ledgers: Defaultlisting of financial charges ledger during transactions like DD charges, Cheque deposit charges, etc. This is applicable only for contra type.
- Apply Parent Property: Apply main voucher settings to their sub vouchers.
- Custom Fields: To capture additional details.
- List Cash and Bank ledgers: List the default cash/bank ledger for the voucher entry. Applicable only for Journal Entry.
Once done the above settings, click Save to complete creation of specific voucher format and it will be listed under the Voucher Entries menu in Accounts module.
- User cannot delete the default voucher formats but can modify the settings as per requirement.
- The fields displayed are as per the selected voucher type.
- Payment type has to be set as per which type of voucher is being referred. (Recommend to maintain individually)
- Few settings are repeatable in every voucher formats and it will be used as per their voucher type specifically.
Finally, this brings you to the end of Part 1 of the voucher formats in Saral Accounting software.